Questions for remote employees
Covid-19 pandemic forced managers to confront a "new normal", remotely working employees.
Remote working poses certain challenges to the employees like a) acquiring new digital skills b) finding work-life balance c) juggling kids online schooling etc.
Managers need to restructure their questions to reflect the new realities. Some of the questions that can help the managers are:
- Do you have a working desk at home?
- Is the internet connectivity speed sufficient for all family members to use?
- How are the kids coping with the new normal?
- Are you able to "switch-off" from the work?
- How can I help allocate tasks to better manage your time?
- Do you think the project timelines need readjustment?
- Are you getting some physical activity to stay fit?
- What information around remote work policies that I can help you with?
- Do you need any help with training on the new collaboration tool?