Questions for managers to spot disengaged employees
Active disengagement does not develop overnight but takes time to creep in.
Managers should periodically check-in on their team members, preferably during the 1:1 meetings, to spot the early signals of any disengagement. Some of the questions that can help managers to spot disengaged employees are:
- What is the one thing that you did recently that you enjoy doing again?
- What is the one thing that is holding you from doing your best?
- Do you think the project you are currently working on is challenging enough to you?
- Do you think your potential is fully tapped?
- Are we stretching the project too long?
- Do you feel like the project you are currently working on is a waste of time?