Paul Liven and Ben Lemorte, in their book on Objectives and Key Results, have given a nice acronym CRAFT (Create, Refine, Align, Finalize and Transmit) for the actual process of drafting the OKRs.
- Create - Draft 1 to 2 Aspirational OKRs and 2 to 3 Committed OKRs
- Refine - Share the draft OKRs with entire, discuss KRs and how they will be measured.
- Align - Identify dependencies (especially cross-functional) and assign owners to each KR.
- Finalize - Present OKRs to the reporting manager for approval
- Transmit - Communicate OKRs in the team meeting, make them visible to all team members and reinforce them during the 1:1s.